Join the “It Can Wait” Campaign and download the kit to promote awareness of the dangers of texting and driving in your high school.
Some of the activities I am planning for my high school include:
- Promote the Texting and Driving Pledge during lunch.
- Provide opportunities for all students to complete the Online Texting and Driving Simulator during lunch.
- Give out thumb rings or thumb socks for drivers with a valid driver’s license.
- Promote the Sprint Application for silencing emails and texts while driving.
- Put up banners around the school reminding students and staff not to text and drive.
- Put flyers on student/staff cars about the dangers of texting and driving.
Distracted Driving Statistics-Great information for your website and parents.
It Can Wait– Start up campaign kit for schools.
Texting and Driving Online Simulator-Online simulator for students to simulate texting and driving.
Sprint App for silencing texts and emails while driving-Application to silence emails and texts while driving.
NOYS-National Organization for Youth Safety-lots of resources and grant information.
Best Pledge Practices-Cheat sheet for getting students to sign the pledge.
Do Something-Thumb Socks-Order form for thumb socks and directions for learning to make your own.
Do Something Thumb Guide for Teen Drivers-Another great start up kit for schools!
Teens In the Driver’s Seat-Peer to Peer Safety program for schools.
|Great to put on a teen drivers’ car|
Here are some examples additional posters, flyers, and stickers for students.
Feel free to share any ideas for promoting the It Can Wait Pledge!